Effective 20 July, 2023
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
We do not collect your email address from the comments form for any email list, such as a newsletter or marketing email list. We also never sell email addresses to third parties.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
When you fill out a contact form on plantinggeek.com we only collect the information you enter into the contact form. If the form asks for your name, email address, or any other personal information, then that information is sent to us via email. We only retain that information—including your email address—for as long as necessary to address your purpose in contacting us.
Email addresses provided in contact forms are not ever used by Planting Geek for any purpose other than to reply to you in regards to your reason for contacting us. We never sell information from contact forms to any third parties for any purpose.
In general, users are not able to upload images or other media files to this website. However, if you do upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can, however, obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows–10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our Site. Some features of the Site may cease to be available to you.
As you use plantinggeek.com, we use automatic data collection technology (Google Analytics) to collect certain information about your device, browsing actions, and patterns. This generally includes information about where you are, how you use our website, and any communications between your computer and this site. Among other things, we will collect data about the type of computer you use, your Internet connection, your IP address, your operating system, and your browser type.
We collect this data for statistical purposes and we don’t collect personal information. The purpose of this data is to improve our Website and offerings.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We don’t sell or share your data with anyone.
Advertising privacy statement
What we collect and store
We store comments on posts and pages if you choose to leave them.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Affiliate program participation
The Site may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Site. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Green Media OOD is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate, the Site earns from qualifying purchases. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Site will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commissions on these sales.
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Additional rights of EEA (European Economic Area) residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
- access your personal data
- ensure the accuracy of your personal data
- the right to have us delete your personal data
- the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following:
Green Media OOD
Knyaz Alexander I Str, 16, 4th Floor Sofia 1000, Bulgaria.
California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”)
If you are a resident of California, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the California Consumer Protection Act (“CCPA”). Throughout this policy, we have disclosed what information we collect, how it is used, and the types of third parties that may receive your information. Under CCPA, you also have the following rights:
- Right to access – you have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about the personal information we collect and how it has been used over the past 12 months. After we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose the following: the categories of your personal information we collected; the categories of your personal information we sold; the categories of any third parties to whom we have sold your personal information; a list of which categories of your personal information we sold to each party; and, the categories of your personal information we disclose for business purposes.
- Right to deletion – you have the right to request that we delete your personal information. Please note that this right does not apply when we need to retain your personal information in order to do the following: provide goods or services to you; detect or resolve security or functionality-related issues; comply with the law; conduct research in the public interest; safeguard the right to free speech; or, carry out any actions for internal purposes that you might reasonably expect.
- Right to non-discrimination – you have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under CCPA. In particular, we may not: deny you goods or services; charge you different prices for goods or services, whether through denying benefits or imposing penalties; provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services; or, threaten you with any of the above.
How to submit a verifiable consumer request: to exercise these rights, you must submit a verifiable consumer request to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a request on behalf of a minor child.
You may only make a request under these rights twice in a twelve-month period. Your verifiable consumer request must: provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information (or that it is an authorized representative acting on your behalf); describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand and respond to it.
Our contact information
For questions regarding your data and how we use it, you can reach us at email@example.com. You can also email us here if you would like an extract of all of your personal information stored on our website or to request that we delete all of your information stored on our website.